Monday, February 7, 2011

Goose Island Night Stalker Imperial Stout


This is a big Imperial Stout from Goose Island Beer Co. (Chicago, IL) and when I say big, I mean big - 11.7% ABV. Intially I found it a little too boozy but as it warmed it became a bit more complex and palateable with notes of chocolate, coffee and molasses. According to the label it will continue to develop in the bottle for up to 5 years, I'd imagine if you did that the ABV would be pushing 14%! 60 IBU's, midnight black in colour my bomber was purchased at the legendary Cassanova's in Hudson, WI for the bargain price of $5.99. Seemed appropriate (or ironic) that I had it as a nightcap to console myself with the P*ckers winning the superbowl. Bottled on 3/6/10. Not a big fan of GI's regular line but they do a nice job with their extreme series. In truth, I prefer the Bourbon County Stout but who wouldn't?

Brewmasters notes -
"A heavily hopped imperial stout, Night Stalker is a heavyweight of a beer. It delivers a formidable punch of hops and rich roasted malt notes to the nose in a silky body that's as dark as night".

B/B+

No comments:

Post a Comment